Remembering beFREE clothing: A brand with a free spirit

As years go by, my former clothing brand beFREEclothing becomes more and more a reference point in my life, changing every aspect of the "starving artist" mentality into an artistic entrepreneur mentality. Every garment was created with freedom, sustainability, fair trade and craftsmanship in mind. Being an entrepreneur gave me the skills and tools to conquer any goal, and we did. I started the brand in 2009 to later on bring my now wife Erika, and together we won a city grant and many awards with our not so typical business idea, only to shut down on a typical Thursday morning.

After life threatening situations with bandidos in Medellin that wanted a weekly cut from our profits, we decided that our life is worth more than anything. We closed shop and after working in fashion for a while, my wife and I decided to sell everything and move to Toronto, Canada.

So fuck them, they got nothing.
Fashion and art are the same thing to me and one cannot be without the other, and this brand was a clear example of that.
Here's our first promotional video back in 2012, as you can see we still had a long way to go, but that was the best part...the ride, the fuckups, the knowledge.



Check out some of our campaigns:




One thing is certain, beFREE will never die...

A special collection of archive garments is available on my shop. Click here to view.



Comments

Popular Posts