Got my first artistic grant in Canada!

Last March my beautiful grandma suffered from a brain stroke and my love and instinct told me to run and see her. She is in Medellin, Colombia.

When I called my former boss to ask for some time off he tells me that when I come back there will be no job, the company is filing for bankruptcy. I still went and visited grandma regardless.

When I came back all I did was believe in empty promises and referrals that never came through. So I painted and looked for ways of funding my project, and I found this one. After looking for mentors in a city where I barely know anyone I finally landed at Jesse Purcell’s print shop. What a cool place and amazing person Jesse is, full of creativity and substance. Totally my style.

I am still unemployed, working temp jobs here and there.

Thank you Toronto. Thank you Canada. Looking forward to making more art in this beautiful land for years to come.




Comments

Popular Posts